Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Something Borrowed

After months of anticipation, I saw Something Borrowed this past weekend. I wanted to love it, but sadly, it was extremely disappointing. My best friend and I were cringing throughout the movie. Emily Giffin somehow manages to make you root for Dex and Rachel in the book, but I found myself rooting for a different ending. John Krasinski was by far the best part of the film (he sort of makes me want to watch The Office). Kate Hudson also impressed me as Darcy. All in all, it was a bummer to see one of my favorite book couples have zero chemistry on screen. Did you see it this weekend? Thoughts?

ps. if you want to see a good book to movie adaptation go see Water for Elephants. Amazing.

8 comments:

Maria said...

I agree, however, Dex was gorge and as a MI blogger it was cool to see he was from Dearborn. I also saw Water for Elephants and it was amazing.

Jenna Lee said...

I am a huge John Krasinski fan... and I love the office.. but i dont know if i could watch this movie... the previews just didnt do it for me.

Lia {sprightly} said...

Oh no! I really wanted to see this one. I haven't read the book, but maybe I'll just do that and skip the movie.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Bummer! I loved the book, I was kind of disappointed with the guy they chose for Dex.

Sienna said...

I read the book and was obsessed, but sadly, i think the trailer looks terrible...i agree about water for elephants!

Anonymous said...

i adored both books :( i read today thayre going to make "something blue"

Cara-Mia said...

I like Kate and John, but the preview just didn't look good. Maybe I'll read the book!

Anonymous said...

would love to watch this! and you definitely watch the office, nearly my favourite TV show of all time!x

following you,
beth<3

http://ramzandtheflock.blogspot.com/