Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Death by Chocolate

My dad has been making this dessert for as long as I can remember. I haven't had it in years, and wanted to give it a go for Andy's brother's graduation party. I'm so glad I did. This dessert is impossible to screw up, even if you aren't a baker, and makes you look like Martha Stewart. A definite crowd pleaser. 

Death by Chocolate:
Ingredients: 
1 box chocolate cake
2 small packages instant chocolate pudding
1 16 oz whipped topping
candy of your choice

Directions:
1. Bake the chocolate cake and prepare the pudding. Cut chocolate cake into bite size pieces and layer in in the the bottom of a glass bowl. Top with pieces of candy (I used kit-kats). Don't be shy with the  candy here!
2. Add an even layer of chocolate pudding and top it with whipped topping. Repeat the layering the cake, candy, pudding, and whipped topping. Garnish with the left over candy, and dig in!

1 comment:

Nicole Marie said...

hahah i've had one sort of like this but it was called, better than sex cake